Navegue (France)

Château L'Evangile  France

Proprietários

Enólogos

Área

Castas cultivadas
Merlot, Cabernet Franc

Contactos
33, rue de la Baume
75008 Paris
T.: +33 5 57 55 45 56

 

Sem distribuidores

The Léglise family from Libourne founded what is now Château L’Evangile. They were actively 
involved, around the middle of the 18th century, in building the Pomerol vineyard. L’Evangile 
appeared in the 1741 land registry under the name of Fazilleau. 
At the turn of the 19th century, the estate already had much of its current configuration, stretching over 
some 13 hectares, when it was sold to a lawyer named Isambert. He renamed the estate “L’Evangile». 
In 1862, L’Evangile was purchased by Paul Chaperon, whose descendants, the Ducasse family, remained the property’s owners until 1990. Paul Chaperon went on making the estate becoming famous, and 
constructed the L’Evangile in the style of the Second Empire. In the second edition of Cocks Féret in 
1868, L’Evangile is registered and is considered as a “Premier Cru du Haut-Pomerol”.
In 1990, Domaines Barons de Rothschild-Lafite acquired L’Evangile from the Ducasse family. DBR was 
interested in bringing sustained care to the operation. DBR’s initial influence included a more refined 
selection of the fine wines, and the creation of Blason de L’Evangile as a second wine. Efforts also included enhancing the vines’ health with a restoration and renewal plan partially completed until 1998. 
The complete renovation of the vat room and the cellar which which was finished in 2004 allowed the 
property to complete its new configuration. 
A remarkable decadde of vintages from 1995 to 2005 crowned the work with success. Among these, 
1995, 1996, 200 and an exceptional 2005 stand out !